Probate and Trust Administration Department
The Probate and Trust Administration Paralegal supports one or more attorneys in carrying out probate and trust administrations. This position interacts and communicates directly with clients, fiduciaries, beneficiaries, next of kin and opposing counsel. Also responsible for preparing and e-filing probate documents, calendaring and tracking deadlines, preparing asset lists, inventories and final income tax returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interact and communicate with clients, fiduciaries, beneficiaries, next of kin and opposing counsel.
- Prepare and file/e-file probate documents in the administration of an estate (petitions, motions, testamentary letters, inventories, accountings and notices).
- Calendar and manage deadlines.
- Draft and revise estate planning documents.
- Prepare asset lists, analyze documents, determine beneficiaries.
- Administer estate accounts and assist with the liquidation and transfer of property.
- Prepare and file decedent’s final income and tax returns.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Willingness to follow and accept our core values of integrity, teamwork, professionalism, competence and desire for greatness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Knowledge of Florida Probate Court procedures, process and filings.
- Familiarity with Florida Probate Code notice requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
CORE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a detailed resume describing the duties you’ve performed in past positions, as well as a cover letter telling us why you are searching for a new position and why you believe that you are the best candidate. You may email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No emails, phone calls or walk-in applications will be accepted. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.