The Intake Specialist is the primary point of contact when a prospective client is seeking advice from the firm. This position is responsible for gathering information necessary to determine what services might be needed and guiding the potential client to the right area by asking thoughtful and relevant questions. The Intake Specialist also coordinates with the potential new client to collect documents relative to the new matter and schedules time with the appropriate attorney for a discussion. This position also serves as back-up to the receptionist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering inbound calls or other communications from potential new clients.
- Communicating, either verbally or in writing, asking probing and targeted questions to ascertain legal needs.
- Collecting contact and other information and entering it into the firm’s client relationship management system.
- Scheduling appointments and telephone calls; following up as needed to confirm or reschedule appointments.
- Work closely with executive assistants and case managers to transfer new intake files to attorneys.
- Prepare and handle client intake meeting paperwork and documents.
- Follow up with attorneys to determine if any cases have been referred.
- Handle all client intake relations.
- Provide client intake reports as requested.
- Provide back-up assistance to the receptionist by answer incoming calls, greeting guests and setting up conference rooms.
- Willingness to follow and accept our core values of integrity, teamwork, respect, professionalism, competence and desire for greatness
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Associates degree in business, hospitality, marketing or related discipline required; Bachelor’s preferred. Some college plus five to seven years relevant experience may replace a degree.
- Minimum of two years of professional job experience; preferably in a law firm setting.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Customer Service
- Team Player
- Good listening skills
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a detailed resume describing the duties you’ve performed in past positions, as well as a cover letter telling us why you are searching for a new position and why you believe that you are the best candidate. You may email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No emails, phone calls or walk-in applications will be accepted. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.